An financial investment company in Cape Town is looking for a financial accountant with BCom Accounting + articles, knowledge of infrastructure funds, exposure to tax and VAT and minimum of five to ten years’ experience in financial services.
- Control and oversight of the GL for Funds, management companies and investment companies where necessary
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Managing and reporting outstanding debtors and creditors.
- Cash management including cash flow forecasts.
- Budgeting, forecasting and reporting to management and shareholders.
- Perform fee calculations i.e. management fees, participation fees.
- VAT and Employee Tax calculations and returns.
- Preparing, reviewing and posting of journals
- Review of bank reconciliations.
- Expense analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for audit liaison and preparation of annual financial statements.
- Compliance with tax, legislative and statutory requirements.
- Growing business and opportunity to streamline processes.
- Review fund formation agreements to ensure compliance with reporting obligations.
- Provide financial information for investor communications, including periodic reporting.
- Calculate investor distributions and contribution amounts required.
- Preparation of drawdown/distribution notices.
- Maintenance of investor’s capital commitment accounts and unit/share registers.
- Prepare response to investor queries and requests.
- BCom Accounting + Articles.
- Knowledge of infrastructure funds.
- A minimum of five to ten years’ experience in financial services.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Exposure to tax and VAT.
- Knowledge of collective investments.
- Technical knowledge, including the application of Great Plains GL.
- Commercial knowledge of asset management/alternative asset classes advantageous.
- Contractual competence
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Proactive and analytical orientation
- Attention to details
- Team Orientation
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 14 Jul 12:10 APPLY NOW