As one of Africa’s leading travel companies we understand the importance of technology and innovation to stay ahead of the pack – wildlife pun intended. With proper financial backing in place we are now aiming to grow our technical teams and to become the most advance online travel company in Africa. See us as a startup without the uncertainty. All our old systems are out and everything is being rebuilt from scratch, which means no maintenance of legacy code. Our strategy is in place and now we need the talent to make it happen.
We are seeking a full-time Junior PHP FS Developer with a strong interest in all things tech. As an ideal candidate you should have at least two years of experience in developing or maintaining PHP applications.
As part of our development team you will assist our senior engineers with day-to-day operations. Your key duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- You will play a key role in the maintenance and improvement of current systems, as well as the research of new technologies.
- You will assist engineers in their development processes when required.
- Research and evaluate software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Good working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with at least one PHP MVC framework (we use Laravel).
- Experience with GIT version-control.
- WordPress knowledge beneficial
- Experience with Linux servers a plus.
- Relevant degree/diploma.
You will earn a competitive base salary with a variable incentive based on reaching specific KPIs.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on 06 Jul 19:03 APPLY NOW