Mo-Tseleng Marketing has been in operation for over 17 years and is in the business of offering clients brand building and marketing solutions ranging from experiential marketing through to turnkey brand management.
We have recently secured the role of secretariat to the Wireless Access Providers Association. WAPA, established in 2006, is a non-profit trade association acting as a collective voice for the wireless industry. WAPA’s primary objective is to promote the growth of the wireless industry by facilitating self-regulation, promoting best practices, and educating both members and the market about new wireless technologies and business models. WAPA members subscribe to a code of conduct and benefit from WAPA offering its members regulatory advice, a forum for knowledge-sharing, business leads and business-enablement opportunities.
We are extremely excited at the prospect of being entrusted with managing and promoting an organisation which is at the leading edge of technological advancement and empowerment. We are looking for a project coordinator to act as the lead on this account.
The project coordinator is responsible for projects of varying size and complexity and whilst reporting in to Mo-Tseleng’s MD, the project coordinator is responsible for directing, organising and controlling project activities, under the direction of WAPA’S CEO and executive.
The scope of the position is diverse and may alter depending on the requirements of the organisation. Following are key examples but the scope ranges beyond this;
– Attend member meetings and assist with determination of project requirements and processes/guide members on next steps
– Manage member databases and process new member applications.
– Support champions of various working groups, take minutes and distribute minutes to attendees as well as publish on the website.
– Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the CEO and Executive
– Assist in the securing of sponsorships for events
– Liaise with, monitor and manage all third party service providers such as event managers, PR, website management, printers (collatoral, stationery) legal and Regulatory advisors, book keeper and Auditors.
– Communicate ideas for improving organisational processes with a positive and constructive attitude
– Keep the chairperson, executive and working groups informed about project status and issues that may impact client relations
– Coordinate and attend events where necessary
– Monitor media/press for information as well as assist the executive in building media relations.
Key attributes are:
- Self starter with the ability to work alone or in a team
- An excellent multitasker
- Proactive and the ability to function under pressure
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Strong computer skills, including word processing and good knowledge of software packages such as Microsoft Office, Excel as well as Google and other freeware tools.
- A genuine interest in, and knowledge of, the ITC sector
- Strong coordination and organisational skills
- Good language skills
- Ability to talk/present in front of an audience
- Act in a professional manner understanding the ability to treat all matters in confidence and to maintain the neutral approach of a industry body representative.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally when expected
- Must have your own car.
– Ability to write press releases
– Intrinsic knowledge of the ICT and particularly WiFi industry
Calm, multitasker. Mature and able to manage a diverse management team. Detail obsessed and excellent computer and software skills.
Posted on 16 Mar 12:16