Our client is a top advertising agency, that is in a very exciting growth development phase. Although they are locally based they are active internationally. They are currently looking for a dynamic strategic planner to manage a portfolio of both international and national brands.
Your primary function as the strategic planner is to understand the clients business issues and provide strategic input; both internally in interpreting briefs to inspire creative development and the creation of creative briefs, and externally in providing a marketing strategic resource for clients to help build stronger brands.
– Involvement in the initial briefing sessions with the client to clearly understand and identify the problem at hand.
– Defining the way forward on each job strategically and giving the creative team a tight single-minded strategic approach.
– Development of brand strategies.
– Development of 360º communication campaigns/strategies.
– Assisting creative in creative brainstorms when necessary, including development of the “big idea” and guiding the creative roll out.
– Gaining insights through immersions and research groups with consumers, in order to bring consumer knowledge/insight to each brief.
– Assist the team with campaigns by researching background information, analysing case studies and formulating presentations needed to create a bigger strategic document (pitches, proactive and current clients).
– Developing general marketing related presentations.
– Involvement in client’s strategic and research sessions.
Your experience and skill set:
– A minimum of five to ten years’ strategy experience from a reputable advertising agency.
– Diploma or Degree qualification in Marketing Communications/Brand Leadership (ideal).
– Proven track record of creative solutions to various levels of problems.
– An understanding of media and channel planning.
– A sound understanding of marketing disciplines, and knowledge of branding/brand positioning/brand valuation theory.
– An eclectic approach to problem solving with the ability to be both rigorously analytic as well as intuitive.
– A sound understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research.
– Highly developed listening skills.
– Presentation skills, preparation and persuasion.
If you’re interested in becoming part of this growing agency, send your CV/LinkedIn Profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch.
Posted on 25 Mar 15:22