Together with the country’s head of digital and new business and with the support of the international business development team, the successful candidate would ensure the growth and development of the new business activity in South Africa and in the Sub Saharan region.
In particular, he/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
1- Identify, contact, negotiate and close deals with new partners (mobile operators, banks, retail, FMCG…)
Prepare sales presentations and manage the sales relationship until deal closure with the CEO, CMO…
Work in close coordination with our local digital and marketing teams as well as international team to finalise contracts.
Coordinate the implementation of deals that have been closed and achieve business objectives.
2- Follow up strategic marketing partnerships with partners including: performance analysis of current partnerships, coordination with our central marketing teams, support of account manager if any for marketing and IT related projects, project coordination.
Take advantage of expertise transfer from the global team, recommendation and implementation of new services and products within our existing partnerships.
3- Define and implement new business development services and products : market analysis, new product and service mix marketing definition, partner search and negotiation, business modelling including P&L analysis, IT/multimedia analysis, implementation within Universal Music Switzerland.
4- Project management related to digital products and services: coordination and follow up with our local IT teams responsible for the implementation of new digital services (dedicated web and mobile platforms, loyalty programs…)
Universal Music Group International is the largest music company in the world with 30% market share, which includes famous artists such as U2, Rihanna, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, Tokyo Hotel, Jonas Brothers, Eminem, Mika, Juanes…
The company is fully owned by the Vivendi group (turnover 2010 : €28.9bn). Universal Music has been one of the first record companies to enter the digital space (mobile, internet, ADSL,social networks,…) as well as to provide tailor-made and innovative entertainment packages for brands, with dedicated international and local digital teams. We are currently looking for a business development manager to develop our new business activity in South Africa, from our Johannesburg base.
- Sales/Business development successful experience required (five to seven years minimum)
- Strong interest and knowledge of the digital (mobile/online/…), entertainment and marketing industries
- Confident negotiation and Interpersonal relationship skills
Ability to work under short time frames and pressure and deal with senior management
- Team player with the ability to display leadership qualities and motivate team mates
- Excellent IT skills, including highly skilled in PowerPoint or equivalent presentation software
- Excellent financial awareness
- Strong attention to detail
- Language: English
- Good business acumen/resistant to stress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Detail oriented
- Desire and ability to work within an international environment
- Willing to travel
- Available ASAP
Posted on 16 Apr 10:53
Universal Music South Africa