The successful candidate will form part of WWF South Africa’s communication team and have the opportunity to work with various units across the organisation to build an inspired social media community who will be willing to act, vote or give to a WWF initiative or for a WWF cause.
- Ensure that WWF’s social media and mobile efforts contribute significantly to WWF’s strategic objective: to broaden and engage stakeholders and constituencies, by expanding WWF’s online community
- Generate plans for all WWF’s social media and mobile channels in support of WWF’s events, campaigns and initiatives
- Conceptualise and implement social media and mobile promotions campaigns and day-to-day publishing of content. This includes:
- Developing relevant material and content to reach the appropriate audiences
- Tailoring content for the different social media channels used by WWF-SA
- Developing live content at events and activations
- Monitoring all social media interactions with WWF-SA
- Responding to social media comments, queries and requests in a prompt and appropriate manner
- Increase two-way dialogue and interaction with WWF and its online community
- Oversee design (i.e: Facebook covers, memes, landing pages, etc.)
- Analyse social media stats and compile reports showing results and making recommendations
- Analyse global trends and ensure that WWF is in step with trends of the social media landscape
Follow link below to apply create or update your profile and attach a detailed CV and covering letter fully motivating why you should be appointed, under the “Documents” section of your profile. Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Applications close on 31 March 2015. Applications received via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
WWF is one of the world’s largest and most respected independent conservation and environmental organisations, with almost 6 million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which we all live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Our work is challenging and exciting and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive attitude.
Requirements and competencies:
- A degree in media, communication or other relevant field. An additional qualification or specialisation in social media would be an advantage.
- A t least five years of experience with three years of dedicated social media experience. Additional digital communication (e.g. web, mobile or bulk email marketing) experience would be an advantage.
- Articulate and confident oral communication and excellent writing skills in English. Similar skills in other South African languages would be an advantage
- Proven creative and planning ability
- Ability to identify potential social media opportunities from WWF-SA’s numerous programmes and
- Proven experience as a social media specialist
- Ability to manage stress and work to tight deadlines
- Good understanding of the issues in relation to WWF-SA’s mission
- An interest in and commitment to environmental and conservation issues and an understanding of the
- connection between social issues and the environment
- Must work well in a team and have a positive attitude
- Driver’s licence
Posted on 16 Mar 14:37