|Remuneration:||R10000 – R20000 per month Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
- Accounting process
- Request statements from suppliers
- Follow up on outstanding invoices or invoices not reconciling with the statement
- Capturing of all supplier invoices in Pastel, based on the supplier portfolio allocated to your portfolio
- Assist the finance department with solving of queries related to the invoices above. Is it someone else’s responsibility to resolve the queries? Are they just assisting? It is their responsibility
- Perform reconciliation of all creditor recons related to suppliers allocated to your portfolio
- Preparation of payments, ensuring that the quote and the invoice is aligned (no overcharging), that the payment either has a contract in place, or that a purchase order was filled out when request of payment was lodged
- Submission of the above to finance department within reporting deadlines
- General ledger print outs of accounts as requested. Do they have to create general ledgers? Yes, they do the processing and they should be able to print the account to Excel if requested
- Obtaining proof of payments for these invoices and sending it out to suppliers.
- Preparation of purchase orders for all payments, upkeep of the purchase order book – relating to the portfolio allocated to you
- Preparation and maintenance of the purchase order accrual spreadsheet – related to the portfolio allocated to you. Submission of the sheet on a monthly basis to the senior financial accountant
- General administration
- Assisting the financial manager with ad-hoc, admin or finance related queries.
- Typing of documents
- Photocopying and Faxing
Any other ad-hoc request
Knowledge of creditors function (capturing, analysing and preparation of payments).
Experience in working with financial and accounting software such as Pastel, Excel, ABSA banking, TravelIT would be advantageous.
Posted on 26 Jun 11:12