Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in Engineering and Operations.
Fields of study:
Engineering and Operations:
- Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only);
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of studyInformation Technology:
- BSc Computer Science;
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary.
- must be a South African citizen
- must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- be a member of a family who’s total household income does not exceed R150 000 per year
- must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- must obtain a minimum “C” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- must be younger than 25 years
- may apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above
1. Application forms that are incomplete will be disregarded.
Please ensure that you attach proof of academic results: current matriculants do not need to provide preliminary results – final grade 11 will suffice.
2. Applications open 1 March and closes on 30 June annually for bursaries for the following year.
3. Bursaries will only be allocated for next year.
4. You must supply all the information requested, or explain why you cannot provide it.
5. Applicants applying for bursaries with less than a B symbol in mathematics and science will not be considered.
6. Do not send original documents, please attach copies.
7. A passport size photograph of the applicant must be attached to the top right-hand of the front page.
8. It is your responsibility to apply for entrance to university and for other options for financial support. We recommend that you apply to at least two universities and for many funding options/bursaries.
9. Please note that if you have not received feedback from us by 30 November note that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 30 June 2015