The successful candidate will have their tasks and responsibilities fall within the Services and Events department. This internship also comes with the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about the business through reception and general administrative duties.
The successful candidate will have their tasks and responsibilities fall within the services and events department. This internship also comes with the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about the business through reception and general administrative duties.
- Be the welcoming face of “front of house” for GetSmarter.
- Answer calls at the switchboard and transfer them to the relevant team members.
- Ensure that the telephonic system is in excellent working order and liaise with the systems and technology department regarding any necessary repairs.
- Take messages from calls as well as from visitors and ensure that relevant team members receive messages containing all the correct information.
- Greet guests on their arrival and ensure that they are comfortable while they wait; also direct guests to the relevant team member.
- Assist with the logistics and execution of internal and external events.
- Assist the biokineticist with scheduling and carrying out wellness-based activities.
- Assist with general office administration, which includes but is not limited to, ordering office items and ensuring that par levels are maintained.
- Assist the services team with various administrative tasks.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the supply and provision of cleaning materials.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere within the reception area.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be articulate, professional and have a good command of both spoken and written English.
- A degree in communication or business is preferable.
- Should have good organisational, prioritising and time management skills.
- Must be extremely computer literate, with competence in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), Gmail and Google Docs.
Job specific competencies
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Team player.
- Dedication to quality and service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Start date: As soon as possible
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please email email@example.com if you are experiencing any problems with the application process.
Posted on 09 Mar 15:13